Thursday, November 19, 2009

Blessed!

My God, when I consider Chris, how can I feel anything but blessed to have such an amazing human being in my life?

I often think it's utterly remarkable that someone like Chris chooses to be with me, shares his life with me, has been my partner for over seventeen years.  

Sometimes, I look at him, and I'm overcome with a love I never thought I'd feel toward another human being.  Sometimes, I wonder what I've done to deserve such a beautiful spirit in my life.  Sometimes, it all feels like the most incredible dream, and I pray I'll never wake up.      

How can one human being make me feel so full inside?  How can one human being so connect me to myself, to the world, to the greater universe?  How can one human being expand me so fully, make living so worthwhile, and show me what's possible with love between two people?

When I look at Chris, cup his face in my hands, stare into his innocent, patient, and compassionate blue eyes, I know that I'm exactly where I'm meant to be.  I know that I could not receive a greater gift in life than him.  I know that I will cherish and love him for all eternity.

Blessed!  That's exactly what I am.  And every day of my life that I spend with Chris, I know is another day that I'm blessed beyond measure.  

3 comments:

  1. That is so nice, but I am positive he would say the same about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to both of you.
    I'm not so sure, Lisa. I think I'm more in tune with my feelings, especially toward Chris, and, although I know how he feels about me, I don't think he's always comfortable putting his emotions into words. In that sense, he really is the husband, and I'm the wife. I'm willing to be vulnerable by telling him how I feel, and he's not. But in every other way imaginable, I know exactly how he feels, and that's good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete