Tuesday, October 8, 2013

An Invitation to Blog for "The Huffington Post"

A week ago last Friday, I received an email from Joe Van Brussel, Writer/Assistant Editor–Social Impact, at The Huffington Post, inviting me to submit a post for "Huff Post TED Weekends."  Embedded in the email was a link to one of the best online videos I've seen, featuring a powerful talk from Esther Perel.  And I was encouraged to use the video as the inspiration for my own post, or, as Joe put it, as the spark for an entirely different idea I'd like to write about.

Initially, I thought, I have enough to do right now without adding something else; however, the invitation intrigued me and stayed in the back of my mind.  Plus, I didn't see how I could pass up the opportunity.  Before long, I had an idea–although I didn't fully understand where it might go–and I sat down to write.  I was happy enough with how the finished product turned out to submit it and was thrilled to learn it had been accepted, appearing this past Saturday on The Huffington Post.  

If you're interested in what I had to say, I've provided a link to the post below.  Let me know what you think.  I'd love to hear from you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rick-modien/the-most-important-reason_1_b_4043853.html  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rick,
    I just read the article and I am absolutely thrilled for you! What an opportunity...and you certainly made the most of it. Gratitude is indeed an integral part of investing in a committed relationship.

    I hope that the exposure from this article provides further inspiration to you as a writer and leads to more opportunities. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RG, you are very sweet and generous with your comment. I sincerely appreciate your kindness.

      I don't know what will come from contributing a post to "The Huff Post," but it can't hurt to have another piece of my writing out there, somewhere other than my own blog. I guess we'll see what happens.

      Thanks again for stopping by and taking the time.

      Delete