Friday, December 6, 2013

Thought for the Day, #69

The connection between acceptance of who and what we are, loving ourselves, and the ability to accept and give love continues to surface in my reading.  Here are a few more thoughts on the subject:

If you don't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?  (RuPaul)

The path to self-acceptance is merely a path to finding love within you.  No matter who you are, everyone has something that they struggle with.  Learning to allow yourself to be human and love yourself regardless is true self-acceptance.  It is only through accepting yourself for all the things you are and anything you aren't that you can allow others to embrace you.  (Tyler Curry)

Many times for me, it has been through someone else['s] love and acceptance of who I am, that I have learned to love myself.  (Justin Harmeson)

All quotes are from "Op-ed:  Love Starts with Acceptance," Tyler Curry, advocate.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment