Saturday, April 26, 2014

Facebook Presence

For years, I've wanted "This Gay Relationship" to have a Facebook presence.  Even though I have concerns about Facebook, particularly when it comes to potential privacy violations, which have been highlighted in the media recently, I also recognize that's how people stay connected today.  And, if one's Facebook profile is managed properly, perhaps the risk is minimal.

At any rate, over the years, some readers have gone in search of a Facebook profile connected to me, and they've found only my personal one.  I've received a number of friend requests but haven't approved any of them.  In fact, lately, I've reduced the number of friends I have on my personal Facebook profile to family members only.  I might be deluding myself, but I just feel safer that way.

That said, I see the benefit in having a group Facebook profile for anyone interested in staying connected with "This Gay Relationship" through something other than this blog.  Plus, whereas most of the posts I publish on my blog are usually long and detailed, I now have the opportunity, through the group profile, to capture quick items that come to my attention, and that I hope readers will be interested in.  

I invite you to check out the new "This Gay Relationship" group Facebook profile by clicking on the link to the right.  And by all means please join the group.  I'd like this group to be not only about me, but also about you, the reader, and ongoing communication between us.  I'll tell you what's on my mind, and you tell me what's on yours.  Let's make this active, fun, and respectful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment