Friday, July 17, 2009

Favorite Picture of Paris?


I thought I'd share this picture of Paris with you. It's one I took at the end of last September, when Chris and I travelled there for the first time.

Over the past months, I've had a lot of different pictures on my MacBook desktop, most from Paris. But this picture keeps returning to my desktop because I think it's an utterly beautiful portrayal of the city--sunlight beaming down, centuries old buildings in the foreground, modern day Paris in the back.

The memories that this picture evokes when I look at it are outstanding. I took it during our first full day in the French capital. Chris and I had walked from our apartment on rue de l'Arbre sec to the Louvre just a few blocks away, through the Jardin des Tuileries, down to the Champs Elysees, Paris's world famous shopping street. At the end of the Champs is the Arc de Triomphe, which Chris and I climbed all the way to the top via two hundred-plus stairs. It's at the top of the Arc that I snapped this picture and so many others, capturing the commanding view of a most extraordinary place.

I hope you enjoy this picture as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment