Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thought For The Day, #4

I'm busy working on a post I hope to publish within the next day or so, the result of Chris's and my trip into Vancouver yesterday.

Until then, I want to share another quote with you from Revolution from Within: A Book of Self-Esteem, by Gloria Steinem, one of the best books I've read on the subject.

Steinem writes:

"Each of us has an inner child of the past living within us.  Those who needed to build no walls [around themselves while they were growing up] have access to that child's creativity and spontaneity.  Those who had to leave this crucial core behind [in order to survive] can tear down the walls, see what the child needed but didn't have, and begin to provide it now.  The more we do this, the more we know that we are worth it.  And that we always were [pp. 38-39]."
    

5 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you again, Heather. I'm so glad you found this helpful. If you haven't read Steinem's book, I highly recommend it.
    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. elevencats, please note your comment of February 18 has been transferred to the post where you intended it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we get bigger,
    we get taller,
    we get older.

    but, for the most part
    we're still a bunch of kids.

    running around the playground
    trying desperately to fit in.

    - Grey's Anatomy -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, Aries Boy. So appropriate to this post.
    And isn't it true--all any of us wants is to fit in, to belong, to be loved.
    Thanks so much for checking back here and for sharing this with me and my readers. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete